Get ready to say goodbye to unwanted hair and hello to smooth, flawless skin! Laser hair removal is a popular choice for those seeking a long-lasting solution to pesky hair growth. But what about hair regrowth? Does hair come back after laser hair removal? If you’re wondering: “Why is my hair growing back after laser hair removal?”— then this is the article for you!
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal works by using concentrated beams of light to target and damage hair follicles. The laser emits a specific wavelength of light that is absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair follicle. This absorbed light energy is then converted to heat, which damages the hair follicle, inhibiting future hair growth.
Laser hair removal is most effective on hair that is in the active growth phase. Not all hairs on the body are in this phase at the same time, which is why multiple treatment sessions are necessary to ensure that all hair follicles are targeted.
Does Hair Come Back After Laser Hair Removal?
Is your hair still growing after laser hair removal? Not to worry– this is totally normal. While laser hair removal can significantly reduce hair growth, it’s important to understand that it’s not a one-time solution. Hair follicles have a natural growth cycle, which means that new hairs can grow back over time.
After laser hair removal, hair grows back because the laser is only able to target hair follicles in their active growth phase. Multiple treatment sessions are required to target all hairs during the active growth phase and ensure that hair regrowth is minimized. Some hair growing back after laser hair removal treatment is normal and expected. Regrowth will continue until all hairs in the area have been targeted, at which time you’ll achieve permanent results!
The number of sessions needed varies depending on the individual’s hair type, skin color, and the area being treated. But there is no need to worry about paying for extra sessions at Bellissima– thanks to our Unlimited Treatments and Lifetime Touch Ups Guarantee, all of your necessary sessions are included in your initial low price!
What to Expect After Laser Hair Removal
Following a laser hair removal session, you are likely to experience “shedding.” Shedding is the process by which hair falls out from the treated follicles in the days and weeks following a laser hair removal session. The shedding process consists of several steps:
- Post-Treatment Redness & Swelling: You may experience redness and swelling in the treated area, This is temporary and will subside within a few hours to a couple of days.
- Initial Hair Stabilization: In the days following the treatment, the targeted hair follicles may initially appear unaffected. It might seem like the hair is still growing as usual. However, beneath the surface, the laser energy has disrupted the hair follicles’ ability to grow hair.
- Shedding Phase: About 1-3 weeks after the laser treatment, the hair in the treated area will gradually start to shed. Pubic hair falling out after laser hair removal treatment in the bikini area is to be expected. Shedding is a sign that the hair follicles have been damaged by the laser, and the hair is being pushed out of the follicles. Shedding typically occurs when you wash, shave, or simply touch the treated area. It can continue for several weeks, and you may notice hair becoming thinner and less dense during this period.
- Laser Hair Removal Regrowth Delay: After the shedding phase, there is typically a significant delay in hair growth after laser hair removal. The hair that does regrow tends to be finer, lighter in color, and less dense than before the treatment.
- Follow-Up Sessions: When hair growth after laser hair removal begins again, it’s time to schedule your next session! Each session further reduces hair density until permanent hair removal is achieved.
So if your hair grew back after laser hair removal, don’t fret! This is a routine part of the laser hair removal process. With Bellissima’s Unlimited Treatments and Lifetime Touch Ups Guarantee, all necessary sessions are included in your initial price, until the hair is gone for good!
Best San Antonio Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a safe and effective solution for those seeking a long-term reduction in hair growth. It’s not a one-time solution– but multiple treatment sessions will significantly reduce hair regrowth, and eventually offer a permanent alternative to traditional hair removal methods.
Hair growth after laser hair removal is normal and expected. Fewer and fewer hairs will regrow as time goes on, depending on the number of sessions you have had. At other San Antonio laser hair removal salons, adding extra sessions onto your treatment plan will cost you a pretty penny!
But with Bellissima’s Unlimited Treatments and Lifetime Touch Ups Guarantee, you are welcome back as many times as you need for permanent hair removal. All of your laser hair removal sessions are included in your initial price!
And with our easy, no-credit-check monthly payment plans, you’ll be paying less per month for permanent laser hair removal than you would be spending on razors, shaving cream, depilatory creams, and/or waxing. It just makes sense!
Schedule a free consultation at Bellissima Laser Hair Removal in San Antonio today to determine if you are a good candidate for laser hair removal, discuss pricing & financing, and formulate your laser hair removal treatment plan!